Thursday, July 1, 2010

Arches National Park

We were in Arches from the 22nd to the 25th. due to the tiny biting gnats. We only went on the Devil's garden hike and avoided the campsite most of the time by hanging out in Moab. I did take a side trip to Canyonlands on the 24th while my cousin rented a bike. At Arches most of the rock tended towards reddish, but time of day altered it dramatically. Since it was so much warmer than Bryce I was up around dawn each morning.
Devil's Garden Trail. Landscape Arch Start of the non-primitive trail. Partition Arch. Water Holes. Navajo Arch. Raven. Sleepy lizard.
One part of the trail is across one of the fins. It's fairly wide, but I still got ridiculously nervous on the way back. There is a stiff wind from the right, enough to knock you over if you aren't paying attention.
Views from the road and Park Ave Trail.
Balanced Rock
Little gray praying mantis I spotted. Cracks. Ripples.

No comments: