Friday, August 24, 2012

Fence Fixing

wood fence fix
So one of my mother's dogs made a break for it again. This time by breaking open a weakish section of wire fencing. Since it was wrapped over a very large rock I'm not moving I had to improvise a solution. I couldn't replace the wire without it being less secure then it was. It's right next to the shed so I attached rails from the next fencepost that was solidly in the ground and the shed wall. Then I cut pickets out of 1" x 3" strapping. I kept them level to each other, and contoured their height to keep them from resting on the ground. I'm quite happy with the result, and the dog will have to find a new place to plan her escape. Of course there are 4 dogs using the yard and only one is planning escapes. At least her boomerang tag gets usage.

No comments: