Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Present to Myself

After weeks of reading reviews and going back and forth over my requirements I got a new camera. I bought a Canon Rebel XSi, a 18-55 mm IS lens, a 55-250 IS lens, and a 100mm f/2.8 macro lens (this one was my Christmas gift from my parents.) I'm ridiculously excited, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. I've had it since Wednesday and so far only played around inside. I just got a bag last night, so hopefully tomorrow will go out and give it a workout. It takes huge pictures compared to my S3, or the A470. And the flash is high enough that I'm having less of a horrible red eye problem. Lots of reviews I read complained of a focusing issue, which there might be, but I'm not seeing one. It does however want to focus on whatever is closest to the camera, if you leave it on default, which some new users might see as an error. In truth the only sad thing is this camera is, after my car, the single most expensive thing I own. The computer might have cost more, but resale value is nil. None of the critters got this expensive. The fish tanks would have to be combined with all their accessories, and they might not even get that high. Time to actually get that renter's insurance I guess. sigh...

No comments: