Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday

I spent some time today outlining about half of my new cat litter box hider. I found a big empty base cabinet for $20 at ikea in the as-is department. It was in perfect condition, though missing a top and doors. The top I'm fixing with a piece of plywood. The doors I should be able to find a pair at ikea for another $20, I'm just going to have to check often. I need 15" doors, and most of the ones in as-is are 12 inches. I bought a deep plastic tub to use as the box, and built the shelf on the other side. My goal is to cut a hole in one of the doors, so Abby can jump into the whole thing, then down into the box. I want to line the shelf with a cat litter catcher material, so the dog's will stop eating the cat litter. the whole thing is going to double as a stand for some reptile cages, so none of them will be on the floor any more. The space under the shelf is going to store cat litter, as my cat loves to lick and eat plastic, and World's Best Cat litter only comes in plastic bags.
Above: Cactus that summered outside and decided to bloom. I brought it in and put it under lights trying to keep from stressing it too much. I figured more light was better than the complete lack of light in my kitchen where most of the other plants overwinter.
I spent the rest of the day working on my book. I'm using blurb, because I've used it before, and it's fairly cheap. I personally have had good luck with them, here's hoping it works out again. This book is going to double as an album for the first 9 months or so of my dSLR, turns out other than a few test prints I haven't been printing pictures from it. I have about 120 pages right now, and just finished putting in shutter speed, f stop and lens information for all the pics. I just need to finish adding my comments, format the text, spell check, and have someone read it through.
Char who wasn't interested in the camera last weekend. (Charcoal Corn Snake)
Red (Amelanistic Corn Snake)
And now for something completely random. FARSCAPE IS BEING RE-RELEASED ON DVD FOR LESS THAN $150 for the entire series. I know, it's quite sad how excited I am. It's also sad that I know that $104 dollars (pre-order price) is going to Amazon in the near future so I won't have to slowly borrow them all from the library ever again. Farscape: The Complete Series

No comments: