Sunday, October 17, 2010

So Far So Good

A completely unrelated image.
I bought a graphics card to solve my computer's screen flickering issue. While I expect the motherboard may still have issues it isn't as visible now. Installing the graphics card led to vacuuming out the box as there was an enormous amount of dog fur and dust in there. It had actually coated the cooling fins on the processor. Since then the computer has been running much better, no file issues and the screen has stopped flickering. Maybe it was just the massive amount of dust. I had to vacuum out all the air intakes which had clogged as well. The computer had 3 fans in it, and the graphics card came with its own, aside from is sounding a little like a jet engine when I start it up I'm liking the new card. Too bad replacing the graphics card didn't give me a bigger monitor. And since it isn't broken I can't convince myself that I need to replace it with a small HDTV either.

No comments: