Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Surprise Pink Phlox

pink garden phlox
So years ago I bought two clearance phlox plants, one pink and one white. In the last few years they have spread rather aggressively by seed around the yard. I just dug up clumps and moved them to places I wanted them. So far all had come up white. This year the original pink plant failed to come up so I was worried I'd only have white plants now. I don't really like white flowers, I like color. Turns out the pink ones bloom a little later then the white. I have at least three pink plants now, though one is rather messily combined with a white one. The odd part is the pink isn't the same. I have pics of the original pink plant (see below), and it was much darker then the one above, so I guess I'm now dealing with a cross with the white one. I do like the new patterning on the flowers.
phlox laura

No comments: