Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cooking Experiments

Periodically I attempt to make English Muffins. Over time it has become more desperate. There is now only one store near me that sells Cinnamon Raisin English muffins, and they're more than 5o cents a muffin. Every other store now carries LIGHT English Muffins, and is no longer ever sold out. I wonder if they'll ever discover the connection. The light muffins taste nasty. My most recent attempt worked out better than before. These ones taste like English Muffins. You can even taste the Cinnamon now. However I'm having a portion problem. They're maybe half the size of store bought ones. Obviously I have to cut them bigger before they're second rising, but I keep following the instructions that keep steering me wrong. 3 inch circles obviously don't work for me. However at 3 inches they cost something like 11 cents to make. So I guess if I ever manage to get them normal sized maybe 25 cents a muffin. Half Price vs Store Bought.

No comments: