Monday, January 18, 2010

New Critter... Who Really Wanted to Sleep

I had an empty critter cage this week. I even kept it empty after shuffling around the snakes this weekend (the adult corns were making me feel guilty with them in 30 gallon tanks, so I bought some covers and swapped them to 30 breeders gaining some floor space.) Since it was a critter cage it can't hold water, or I would have used it for the catfish. Last week I was out getting crickets and spotted a green tree frog in a cage with huge White's tree frogs. I mentioned it to a worker at the pet store, since he easily fit in their mouths and knowing how hungry whites can be he wasn't long for this world. They said they were going to move him. I went out again Saturday to get cage clips to finish my new snake cages and saw he was still in with the whites. At this point I was just going to buy him since he looked to be in good condition, but was going to get eaten. I asked about him again and they asked if I wanted him. I left the store with a free tree frog because it turns out he had come in with the whites and they didn't have a number for him, so were just leaving him in there. I kind of wish they had some more but I don't like paying for wild-caught animals anyway. Hopefully he'll be happy alone in his 20 long turned on its side to be 30" high by 12" in either direction. (Sadly enough I had an empty cage because one of my leopard geckos died without a mark on her a few weeks ago. No warning just died. She seemed to be in good condition as well, just dead.)

No comments: