Monday, August 23, 2010

Making the White's Tree Frog Happier Too

This is Chubby, who is entering his 7th year with me. I must be doing something right. Step one was probably his huge cage. However like the leopard gecko I find it ugly and boring. I also really wanted a black background. So I put him in a critter box overnight and painted the three back panels of his cage. I stole the leftover branches from Spike, the leopard gecko, and doubled his amount of bedding so I could bury his water and food dishes. The black paint will also block the heat lamp light from the ball python, who might be next for a cage upgrade. he seems happy. I'll be adding pothos and philodendren cuttings as soon as I upgrade the lighting so he can have his jungle back. I'll be mixing some worm compost into his coco fiber bedding for the plants. It's been a few months since he had plants.

No comments: