Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Daily Photo - Experimenting

It looks a little like a volcano, but my goal is a rainforesty looking tree with those tall roots. Right now it is just polystyrene and expanding foam. It should be dry in a few hours and tomorrow I can try shaping some of the yellow down to tree bark rather than yellow lava. The cage is one I made over a year ago then got distracted about. I've read some more stuff about sealing vivariums so I'm ready to try again. I expect my older crested gecko will be the guinea pig for this cage when it's done. Mostly I've been browsing here: http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/habitat-pictures/ as most US reptile keepers go more toward easy to clean rather than pretty. I'm also fiddling with non-toxic clay to try to get the packed earth effect in my leo cage.

No comments: