Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stony Brook

I went outside, finally. I wandered around Stony Brook twice back in July, but it seems I didn't post anything about it. I went back yesterday hoping for dragonflies, no such luck. Curious chipmunk. More leaf veins. I'm a little nuts about the patterns in the fall. Cormorant. I had to switch lenses, and this is still a heavily cropped view. Surprise turtle, I spotted this guy trundling along under the duckweed. He was not happy spotting me, so I only got one photo. I have a few comparison pics now. Swans from the end of July. The babies were maybe 80% adult size. One of the babies now. They're the same size as the adults now. I noticed some bugs on the lily pads. They've been multiplying, and seem to like patterns. A fast google search didn't turn up much.

No comments: