Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Procrastination or Finishing a Snake Cage

snake cage 4 x 2
Since I decided yesterday to maybe try doing NaNoWriMo i.e. writing about 50,000 words in one month, I suddenly managed to finish building my corn snake cage. The walls, top and bottom have been sitting in my spare bedroom for over a year and it all kind of hinged on getting the back cut. I finally cut it and the jigsaw didn't mess up too bad. I then stared at the open front for about an hour before deciding what to do. I had one perfect glass door from ikea sitting in the room and while I did have a second matching one it was on my TV stand. I dismantled that and had two matching doors. One is misaligned about 1/4" but I'll fix it in the spring, when I'll be taking the cage outside to silicone the joins and paint the few bare wood areas. Since the inhabitant is a corn snake I'm hoping the cage won't warp much before i can seal it. I also have to figure out how to wire a heat bulb in there sometime tomorrow. Something will have to be done about my TV stand as well.

No comments: