Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting Bigger

kenyan sand boa hand
My kenyan sand boa is just hitting 12" long. I just dug around but didn't find any great size comparison pics for this guy. I either took pics of him sitting on a hand or on a bland white background. He doesn't like being out in the open and starts panicking if he can't feel structure around his body. That would be why even after 2 years I'm still hand feeding him. I can't put him in a separate container to feed as he ignores the food in favor of trying to escape. In his cage he can drag the food into his sand which I don't want him eating. He loves burrowing so i don't want to put him on a packed substrate, so wrapping him around my fingers and steering him toward food is the current way. At least he is a very calm snake and takes handling quite well.

No comments: