Monday, February 27, 2012

Seams

shirt seam double needle
Here's a picture that will mean just about nothing to anyone but me. I wear t-shirts maybe 90% of the time. I have one long sleeved shirt, I like the design, but it had awful cuffs on he ends of the sleeves, and I don't like sleeves anyway so I never wore it. I caved last week and bought a double needle for the sewing machine. The entire reason was to fix that shirt. I did it. I chopped the sleeves off and ran the double needle along the new sleeves. It worked great. Admittedly, the seam allowance on the sleeves doesn't quite match, and definitely doesn't match the hem, but they are the same length and I'm mighty happy about being able to wear the shirt again. Even better since the dryer works now I ran my painted shirts through the wash, and the paint set perfectly. Now I have to make a few more.

No comments: