Saturday, August 9, 2008

Repetitive Rain makes for Nice Clouds...

To go along with the constant storm clouds that keep drenching the state, I keep seeing amazing clouds when I'm driving. Of course, I never have my camera, which started my previous discussion about a smaller backup. I think I'm just going to buy an adapter and a polarizing filter, and start hauling my camera everywhere. The polarizing filter is to get the clouds and sky to match more with what I'm seeing when I'm out. I just wish there were easier places to get to for cloud pics if you want to avoid utility lines, and signs. Both natural places I know of require 45 minutes or so to get up to, and you don't really want to be stuck there if it starts to rain. Lighting would be a real problem. I mostly stop in parking lots, but then there's the electrical line problem. Ikea's upper level parking garage works for east clouds, but not really for sunsets. And I still have to crop out trees and light poles. I'll admit I did some light Photoshop tweaking to get the levels out of that medium gray color they like to add to cloud pics.

No comments: