Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why Computers Suck

Apparently I've filled an 80 GB partition with over 65 GB of pictures (and music I guess.) I knew I took a lot when the camera ran out of numbers and restarted at 1 earlier this year, but I didn't think it had gotten this bad. I looked yesterday while deciding on a backup drive and discovered I need a new primary, as 80 just isn't cutting it. I have 3 GB free... No wonder the scanner was whining. I'm also quite annoyed with finding an external drive that people agree on working. I ended up getting one that half of the users love, and the other half had it die within a month, so here's hoping. Thankfully I know of at least one that is nearing a year old with no problems. I needed it now, so hopefully it will last until I make up my mind about 350GB or 500GB for my new internal...and I was hoping to get a cheapish backup pocket camera. Sigh.

No comments: