Friday, November 14, 2008

I'll admit it...

I read Twilight. I managed to hold it off for so long though. I only read it a few weeks ago. And then I got sucked in. I bought New Moon, because I didn't want to wait the TWO MONTHS it took to get the first one out of the library. I didn't like Jake at all, so got Eclipse out of the library. That one only took a week. By that point I knew I'd have to finish it. Breaking Dawn also came from the library. Overall, I liked the series, or at least some of the ideas in it. That last book though... ouch. I'd say it was written either at a different time as the other three or even by a different person. It meandered a lot, maybe to use up all those pages? It just all got tied up a bit too neatly, and somehow none of the main characters suffer. I especially didn't like the middle of the book from Jake's view, but I disliked it before when that was done. Either a book is 1st person, or it isn't. The whole point is you only know as much as the person talking, so you don't switch around. Now I've got The Host: out of the library and am a little afraid to open lest I get sucked in like with Twilight.

No comments: