Monday, November 23, 2009

Daily Photo - Cricket Cage

According to a calculator I spend at potentially $343 a year on crickets. I only need large crickets and i need at least 30 of them at a time. I've tried a few times to breed them and I just get lazy about it. I've tried separate containers after the eggs hatch, the same containers and a bunch of other combinations. A few weeks ago I came up with the above. If I put a divider in a large tank, fill that side with dirt, provide a ramp and add large crickets for a number of weeks until the population is self-sustaining I should end up with a lot of crickets. As long as they have foods crickets don't cannibalize, so separating out the sizes was just for convenience. Tonight I can put the dirt in and add the crickets, as the silicone will be done curing. I'll also be able to take a better explanation image.

No comments: