Monday, November 9, 2009

Meandering in Moose Hill

This morning I got out there and made it to Moose Hill shortly after the parking lot opened, or at least when I thought the parking lot opened. It was open, but full of construction vehicles, as Moose Hill is adding onto their building with new bathrooms and the like. My first thought was sure I guess the tiny bathroom wasn't really enough. My next was depressing though. All the gardens, the side wildlife one, and the ones in front of the building were gone, dug out for new foundation walls. I'm really hoping someone dug out their plants before construction began. I actually sent an e-mail to ask about it bothered me so much. They had some gorgeous bearded irises and it will be a real shame if no plant nut dug them up. That thought kind of soured my walk. Today, I was again greeted by the moon. I've been doing a tiny bit of obsessing about celestial stuff recently, and about how it's almost impossible in my geographical location to see the moon wane. It does most of it during the day, so you can only seem to see it early morning or early evening if it's up at all. I do keep attempting water on leaves, but the narrow depth of field keeps killing me. I even hauled the tripod along, but it's such a pain to attach to I rarely use it. I found these guys just like this. They were barely in the sun, and I took a ton of pictures because every time I paused and checked I was getting the leaf in focus but not the leaf hoppers. It turns out my second image was focused quite well.

No comments: