Friday, January 20, 2012

Sand Boa equals Pet Rock

kenyan sand boa nose
last week I scrubbed critter cages and did some shuffling. The Kenyan sand boa got some new sand and some slightly shuffled rocks. I liken this snake to owning a pet rock. Any time I look into the cage I might spot a tiny little bump in the sand barely 1/4" long. That would be his nose. He stays buried 95% of the time. I even have to dig him out to feed him. He's only a foot long and about 2/3rd adult size if he is a male. Females might hit two feet. He's clumsy and nervous out of his cage and makes me wonder how his kin survive in the wild. He's totally a snake to get if you want a snake who stays small is laid back and survives well in captivity. He's not a snake to get if you want an active showy pet. He does do a perfect rock impression however.

No comments: