Monday, January 23, 2012

Simple Plate Shelf

A few weeks ago I slightly reorganized my cabinet and ended up with my smaller plates stacked on top of the bigger ones. It was slowly driving me mad. I have more salad type plates as I use them for eating, but the bigger ones are for food prep, so I was yanking them out regularly anyway, and it was taking two hands.

Being completely unwilling to spend money on the solution I stewed for a bit before taking a plate downstairs and making the freaking shelf. I can't add too many more large plates, but I can grab them with one hand now. It's just two pieces of 1 x 6 I had in the basement cut to the size I needed. I put two screws through the side of the cabinet, but left the bottom side loose. It is only holding a few plates. And yes I can now see the screws next to the sink, but my cabinets are 30 year old white melamine, they have plenty of problems beyond two tiny screw holes.

No comments: