Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lady Jane

tulip lady jane open
I seem to have been missing for a few days. As I didn't have any shifts this week I was using the mild weather to start fixing the garden. The pond was removed, plants temporarily in a big low pond on the driveway. I decided mid removal I wanted to reuse the original liner (new one is PVC which kind of annoys me and reeks of vinyl), and rework the new pond area larger. One of the raised planting beds was demolished and all the plants from it replanted or set out on the curb with a free sign (older large hostas I no longer had space or interest for.) I broke down the planting bed at my back door and replanted the monstrous plants from it. It's becoming a 8" deep veggie bad, and is largely complete.

I pulled out the wood that borders the veggie beds completely (rotten) and started sloping the sides a little. I emptied out the planting bed that is blocking the new pond location except for the turk's cap lily. I'm overly cautious with it, and need to just dig it up and split it a little so I have more than one. I began the new veggie planting beds, but I need more newspaper and soil, and it finally started raining, so I can take a breather.

No comments: