Monday, February 15, 2010

Lazy diy and House Reorganizing

I meant to post this yesterday and got lazy.
I again got frustrated with my reptile room. I have one rule I try to live by, no cages on the floor. If I don't have a stand for them I likely have too many of them. Since a few weeks ago when I upgraded the corn snakes on has been on the floor. Cages on the floor somehow breed other cages on the floor and one of the crested gecko cages has been stacked on top of it. It's been driving me nuts. I of course have an obsessive plan of a huge stand system but most of the bits don't fit in my car. I've been too lazy to do anything about that either. Yesterday, I took another look around the house and found a solution. I was/am a bit of a fish nut and collected all sorts of stuff. one thing was a huge metal stand I had absolutely no use for at the time. Turns out it was the perfect size to replace a set of cabinets with, and fit the snake cage across the bottom so I could still have the plants across the top. I just had to go buy a board as a new top. I'm probably going to pull my last metal stand out of the basement for the cricket cage to go on the bottom, then add a board to the top and have an empty flat surface. I normally fail at empty, but I need something to stack the feeding snakes on that isn't the floor (cat annoys them) or the other cages (annoys me.)
There were very nice clouds at Home Depot.
I decided to solve one of my other issues at the same time. I fiddled around with my bedroom a few weeks ago and found I wanted a bigger desk. I didn't want to buy a new desk though (I'm picky about desks, I've had three of them in the last 7 or so years, all sold on craigslist when I bought a new one.) I had been thinking of just buying a board at ikea and cutting it to fit. Turns out if I was stuck with 4 feet long anyway HD was a better deal. I bought the edging stuff too but likely will return it as too much work. The melamine board fits right over the old desktop, due to some very painful cutting with a jigsaw. I had a productive if boring Sunday. I also fiddled a bit with the blog settings but it probably isn't too noticeable.

No comments: