Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dragonflies 201

So today I finally found some dragonflies willing to let me get very close before freaking out. That means I managed to take some pics through my macro lens and use my new flash. Since I had the flash I managed to get to f/16. Getting to f/16 means much greater depth of field, coupling that with the macro lens got me the below shots. I managed to get lots of close shots of the female above. The males would only sit still if they had food.
Crop of the above pic to see how detailed I got the eyes.
Apparently I'm nuts about getting pics of the compound eyes. I'm also eagerly awaiting the emergence of the red dragonflies I've seen the last two years who will perch on your fingers if you approach slowly enough. These are all Blue Dashers (Pachydiplax longipennis).

No comments: