Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Next Odd DIY Adventure,

or just another attempt to ruin my right wrist. I've been a buyer of cardboard scratchers since I got my cat, but have gotten annoyed with the repeated price for getting new ones. They're cardboard glued together, but they cost more than a box of similar weight. I've always wanted a sisal scratching surface, but all the cheap ones are well cheaply made. After staring at cat furniture at Petco I spent 3 1/2 hours yesterday stapling sisal rope around a 2 x 6. I bought two packages for 9 bucks each, and have concluded that the irritation level of wrapping it totally explains overpriced cat furniture. I haven't even decided if it's going to be vertical, horizontal, or if I'm going to build it as a ramp. It depends slightly on exactly how tall it ends up when i finish the second roll of rope. Either way I won't be finishing it for a few days while my hand quits complaining about the stapler. I'm quite happy that even as unfinished as I managed, the cat loves it.

No comments: