Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hole Digging

Well, I have lots of holes to dig tomorrow. I went to some more places that happen to sell bulbs, and got suckered into them again. I ended up with more iris reticulata, some yellow crocuses, an orange cupped daffodil, and the muscari and allium I already had. None of these were on my list... If I'd just stuck to the list I'd have what I wanted for the same price as my experimental choices. I've got a little over a hundred bulbs to plant. And I still have to order Colchicum bulbs. Not to mention all the bulbs I was too lazy to dig up this spring after flowering to move them into the fenced areas... I meant to do it today, but got distracted by a few critters. I found 3 of these guys on the Black Eyed Susans. They were freaking tiny. Every photo I've seen of crab spiders they look huge like above. They are barely the width of a flower petal. I also got my iris' from eBay today, and they look great. I totally recommend the seller ivygreen27.

No comments: