Friday, September 11, 2009

Moose Hill

So, Thursday I was trying to convince myself to go out and wander somewhere to take pictures. September is normally a slow month for me for pictures because I hate the end of summer. I also am not a huge fan of the cold, but that's a separate issue. I convinced myself I had enough time to go to Moose Hill. On arrival I was stuck in the parking lot for a half hour. Not more than three feet from my car on a milkweed plant I spotted this guy. A Gray Tree Frog (Hyla versicolor). He started out facing the sun and crouched quite flat. Under my obsessive picture taking (easily 150 pics) he started turning around a bit and reacting. I have to mention that this leaves me with only the Spade foot Toad as a frog or toad that is native to Mass that I haven't seen, so I was ridiculously excited. The other ones that interested me in the parking lot were as follows:
Harvestmen hanging out on the same milkweed.
On nearby milkweed plants a fleet of Milkweed Tussock Moths (Euchaetes egle), which are mighty cool looking in person.

No comments: