Thursday, March 19, 2009

Childhood Memories for Sale

In the process of getting rid of useful things I don't need I finally sold my Sega Saturn. OK, it was technically only half mine and I had to split the money, but I got rid of it. It took nearly 4 months, and I had to settle for $30. (Seems like people buying games on craigslist are rather flaky.) I'm pretty sure the person who bought it will be reselling it for more anyway, since he really just wanted the games we had. Doesn't matter though. We didn't waste anywhere near as much time playing with it as we did with the Genesis. I think we bought three of those because they kept dying and we had lots of games, even though you couldn't really save so every time you wanted to play you started over. After the Saturn was gone I found our Game Gear, which was used even less than the Saturn. We only had two games for it. I checked its worth on eBay, and it isn't even worth selling. Something like 5 bucks for it and the games, even though it works. I guess I won't be selling it. Sadly enough for all that time I wasted in my childhood on video games, I only ever beat one game. Ecco II: Tides of Time on Game Gear. I only beat it because each time you beat a level it gave you a code to return, so you didn't have to start over like with the old sonic games, which I was pretty bad at. I now have about 12 PS2 games stuck at one point or another. I managed to beat Okami, which I find to be one of the best games I've ever played (though it took 72 hours), but I really like games where you aren't a person.

No comments: