Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Free Day 11

I think free time is bad for me. it leads me to take books out of the library with titles like Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day which leads me to things like trying to bake bagels... At least they look sort of like bagels but they don't smell much like bagels. I forgot my own cardinal rule of trying to bake new things. When in doubt follow the cinnamon raisin recipe then I'll at least eat the failures. The texture of them is definitely bagel though the taste isn't quite what I wanted, however unlike my first english muffins I will be eating them. I might have to find barley malt syrup which was the only ingredient I had to replace in the recipe. Just so everyone knows I didn't completely waste my day I did my taxes and lightly browsed jobs too.

No comments: