Monday, March 22, 2010

Free Day 7, 8 and 9

(Witch Hazel)
I went to New York for the weekend to visit that family I've been not visiting due to work. Saturday we went to the New York Botanical gardens in the Bronx. Not much is blooming outside yet, crocuses and violas mostly, but there is a huge Flowers of Cuba exhibit in the conservatory and it was mostly orchids. The wait in line was impressive due to the summer weather but it was well worth it.
I'll post more orchids a bit later. I still have tons of Phalaenopsis ones.
Night shots of the Hudson River. I didn't bring my tripod, so these shake a bit more than I would like. I'll certainly remember it next time. And last of all, my favorite sign in New York. There were cameras and signs for cameras everywhere but I really liked this one.

No comments: