Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Unemployed Day 4

It finally stopped raining. I caulked the bulkhead and maybe next time it rains at least half the basement won't leak. Last night I decided on a new purpose for some more of the reptile cage. I've had this half-built screen cage for a while. I got it on clearance and didn't notice the back and top were missing. After I put it together it got shuffled around my house repeatedly. I created a back from plastic I had, and made the top from plywood. The hole is for a heat lamp if I decide to use one, I smeared a strip of wood glue over any exposed ends of the wire it keep any critters safer. I used 90% stuff that was already in the house. I had to buy screws and some 3/8" x 3/8" square dowels to make a frame for the plastic and top. I also painted the whole thing with 4-5 coats of black gloss paint otherwise the plywood wouldn't have a chance against water. I'm going to have to leave it running with a light bulb in it until the paint smell goes away, paint fumes aren't any better for lizards than they are for us.

No comments: