Monday, March 15, 2010

Unemployed Day 3

I really need it to stop raining so I can start patching the basement leaks we have. Our bulkhead has sort of had it and is leaking from all sides. I need to caulk around it and in the cracks on the sides, and hopefully that will stop the biggest leak. The other leak will be harder because it's really being caused by a lack of gutters, and not having a slope away from the foundation, in addition to that hole I can see daylight through. But it has to stop raining first, technically I think the concrete has to dry a bit too. I emptied out my 90 gallon tank and put it up for sale along with a 29 gallon. Some old scratched iso tanks got picked up this afternoon, as did some other assorted junk. As soon as it stops raining I'm gonna stick some stuff outside on a free table to try to get rid of it without arranging pickup. Normally I'd put it out with the trash, but with all this rain it will just get ruined. I'm a little bummed out by the rain, I'll admit that. I did finish one odd little project. I'm trying to re-purpose all the bits of a reptile vivarium I started building but never finished. I took the door off and changed my TV stand a bit to make the space under the DVD burner and DVR usable. It just filled up with dust and dog hair so I couldn't put anything in it. I put the glass door on the front and covered the back with wood so it shouldn't get as dusty as fast anymore. I'm in the middle of fixing up a screened reptile cage that I got on clearance at least a year ago. The back and top were missing, as were all the assembly screws. I'm taking the plexiglass from the back of my failed vivarium and using it for the back of this cage. I will have to buy some 1/2" x 1/2" boards to make a frame for that and the top, but I should have it finished rather quickly. Then one of my crested geckos can move up from a 10 gallon to it.

No comments: