Saturday, March 13, 2010

Unemployed Day 1

No photo today because who really wants to see how clean someone else's bathroom is... My bathroom is clean, so clean I had to throw out the sponge I used to do it. All my laundry has been cleaned and folded. The bird cage has been scrubbed, even those pesky seed guards. My bedroom is as clean as it can get without vacuuming (vacuum was also dirty and some of it's parts are now drying.) Half the kitchen is clean (counters and surfaces) and I started on the flat surfaces in the living room. I have however had to stop for today as my right hand is chapping up from all the washing and drying. The small snakes are getting fed tonight. Tomorrow the fish tanks will all get water changes and algae scrubbed. I'll be cleaning out the basement fish tanks and putting them up for sale on craigslist, along with all the junk I've been keeping without listing for weeks. I prefer to put stuff on the craigslist free section before I throw it away, as I hate throwing stuff away that is still in fine condition. Nothing like not having a job to encourage you to clean up and sell anything you don't need, want or use. I'll be keeping enough tanks to upgrade all the critters I have now to their adult tanks but that's it. All the other tanks and bits are leaving. No life plans so far, though I do have an offer to move to Minot ND and live with my sister and brother in law. I am seriously considering it. I'm going to use some of my time to visit family that having a M-F job interfered with. It is rather liberating to know that I could get in my car and drive wherever I wanted right now and come Monday it wouldn't really matter where I am (dogs would be getting watched by my parents.) If I'd known I would have this freedom I probably would have decided to drive to Utah rather than fly. I could just drive to Minot to visit. No wonder my mother loves her light working schedule.

No comments: